Your result for The Modern History Test ...
89% Correct - #CATEGORY#
1. When were the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center destroyed?
September 11, 2001 - if you didn't get this, I'm really dissapointed.
2. Which country is NOT a member of NAFTA?
Puerto Rico - NAFTA only has three members - U.S.A., Canada, and Mexico.
3. What barriers did NAFTA remove between the member nations?
Trade - Hence North American Free TRADE Agreement
4. What barrier does the European Union NOT remove between the member nations?
Sovereignty - Each nation still has the ability to make its own laws and has its own government
5. Who was not officially part of the Vietnam War?
China - China never declared war, neither did the U.S. Vietnam was, however, a French colony. When the civil war broke out, France declared war on the communist revolutionaries in 1946.
6. Which General was credited with early success in the Korean war, but was relieved of command after publicly denouncing the President's strategy in the war.
MacArthur - One of the most controversial generals from the United States of all time. After a successful marine landing which changed the tide of that war, he marched toward China, provoking China to enter the war.
7. Who was the first person to be elected President after World War II?
Harry S Truman - After finishing FDR's last term, he was re-elected. When he ran again, Eisenhower beat him for the office.
8. Where was the atomic bomb first designed and built?
Los Alamos - The site of the first successful nuclear pile, and afterwards the construction of the first few atomic bombs was completed here.
9. Which scientist was not involved in the design and construction of the atomic bomb?
Albert Einstein - contrary to popular belief, Einstein was part of the first tests, and created the theories that the atomic bomb was based on, but took no part in the project after a few years - in fact begged the U.S. government not to use nuclear weapons to end the war.
10. Which country gave Werner von Braun (the man responsible for the design and construction of the V2 and V1 rockets as well as the deaths of more than 10,000 Jews) asylum in exchange for his help in their rocket program?
U.S.A. - Werner von Braun is the father rocketry. He was a prominent figure in Nazi Germany and then a prominent figure in NASA.
11. Who was the first man to fly in space (orbit the earth)
Yuri Gagarin - He went into space after an unmanned Sputnik and a dog named Laika. He was followed by an American monkey.
12. Which country had the most casualties in World War II (over 6 million soldiers killed)
Russia - No other country came close.
13. The following is a list of the 4 leaders who are responsible for the greatest acts of genocide in the 20th century), which leader was responsible for the greatest massacre of his own people (over 13 million - confirmed - people dead)?
Adolf Hitler (Germany) - 20,946,000
Joseph Stalin (Russia) - 51,755,000
Hideki Tojo (Japan) - 5,964,000
Mao Tze Dong (China) - 10,450,000
14. Which battle in World War II cost the most lives (almost 2 million casualties)?
Battle of Stalingrad - Leningrad was longer, but Stalingrad was surrounded and almost all the German soldiers were killed.
15. One what date was Pearl Harbor bombed by the Japanese?
16. On which date is World War II officially considered to have begun?
17. What year did the American "Great Depression" begin?
1929 - Late in 1929 the stock market crashed, followed shortly after by the run on the banks.
18. What year did World War I end?
19. World War I began with the death of one man, Archduke Franz Ferdinand, in which city did this death occur?
Sarajevo, Bosnia - he and his wife were killed when a Serb threw a grenade into their open top car.
Taken 2189 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Megaman NES Test. I will ask you questions about the Megaman NES saga! Some questions will be easy, others will be hard!
Taken 7320 times.
In my opinion, being adventurous is one of the best things you can do for yourself. If you try new things every now and then, sure you could run into...
Taken 7771 times.
My brain works in such a "special" way that my friends have named my way of thinking as 'Twisted Roger Logic'. This basically involves making very ast...
Taken 53238 times.
Hi! And welcome to my dumbest Test. I'll be using no logic and little knowledge to determine something.
Taken 7162 times.
Hi! And welcome to my runescape Test. I'll be using advanced logic and knowledge to determine your true nature.
Taken 16162 times.
Hi! And welcome to my What Kind of Diaper Are You Test. I'll be using advanced logic and knowledge to determine your true nature.
Taken 729 times.
Hey internet fiends! Hopefully, most people taking this test are familiar with the popular online comic Bob and George, if not, check it out at http:...
Taken 9445 times.
How much U.S. History do you really know? Do you remember the things your teachers taught you? Do you pay attention when reading newspapers or watching the news?
Taken 5633 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Useless Trivia As Determined By the Author Test. I'll be using advanced logic and my useless knowledge amassed over years of veg...
Taken 3892 times.
Hello! This test will determine how much of a Star Wars fanatic/historian you are. Questions will include anything canon, meaning the Expanded Unive...
View More Top Tests
Share this test with your friends!!!
Take The Modern History Test