Your result for The Modern History Test ...
89% Correct - #CATEGORY#
1. When were the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center destroyed?
September 11, 2001 - if you didn't get this, I'm really dissapointed.
2. Which country is NOT a member of NAFTA?
Puerto Rico - NAFTA only has three members - U.S.A., Canada, and Mexico.
3. What barriers did NAFTA remove between the member nations?
Trade - Hence North American Free TRADE Agreement
4. What barrier does the European Union NOT remove between the member nations?
Sovereignty - Each nation still has the ability to make its own laws and has its own government
5. Who was not officially part of the Vietnam War?
China - China never declared war, neither did the U.S. Vietnam was, however, a French colony. When the civil war broke out, France declared war on the communist revolutionaries in 1946.
6. Which General was credited with early success in the Korean war, but was relieved of command after publicly denouncing the President's strategy in the war.
MacArthur - One of the most controversial generals from the United States of all time. After a successful marine landing which changed the tide of that war, he marched toward China, provoking China to enter the war.
7. Who was the first person to be elected President after World War II?
Harry S Truman - After finishing FDR's last term, he was re-elected. When he ran again, Eisenhower beat him for the office.
8. Where was the atomic bomb first designed and built?
Los Alamos - The site of the first successful nuclear pile, and afterwards the construction of the first few atomic bombs was completed here.
9. Which scientist was not involved in the design and construction of the atomic bomb?
Albert Einstein - contrary to popular belief, Einstein was part of the first tests, and created the theories that the atomic bomb was based on, but took no part in the project after a few years - in fact begged the U.S. government not to use nuclear weapons to end the war.
10. Which country gave Werner von Braun (the man responsible for the design and construction of the V2 and V1 rockets as well as the deaths of more than 10,000 Jews) asylum in exchange for his help in their rocket program?
U.S.A. - Werner von Braun is the father rocketry. He was a prominent figure in Nazi Germany and then a prominent figure in NASA.
11. Who was the first man to fly in space (orbit the earth)
Yuri Gagarin - He went into space after an unmanned Sputnik and a dog named Laika. He was followed by an American monkey.
12. Which country had the most casualties in World War II (over 6 million soldiers killed)
Russia - No other country came close.
13. The following is a list of the 4 leaders who are responsible for the greatest acts of genocide in the 20th century), which leader was responsible for the greatest massacre of his own people (over 13 million - confirmed - people dead)?
Adolf Hitler (Germany) - 20,946,000
Joseph Stalin (Russia) - 51,755,000
Hideki Tojo (Japan) - 5,964,000
Mao Tze Dong (China) - 10,450,000
14. Which battle in World War II cost the most lives (almost 2 million casualties)?
Battle of Stalingrad - Leningrad was longer, but Stalingrad was surrounded and almost all the German soldiers were killed.
15. One what date was Pearl Harbor bombed by the Japanese?
16. On which date is World War II officially considered to have begun?
17. What year did the American "Great Depression" begin?
1929 - Late in 1929 the stock market crashed, followed shortly after by the run on the banks.
18. What year did World War I end?
19. World War I began with the death of one man, Archduke Franz Ferdinand, in which city did this death occur?
Sarajevo, Bosnia - he and his wife were killed when a Serb threw a grenade into their open top car.
Taken 16534 times.
Find out if I think teaching high school is the right career for you! Keep in mind, it's only my personal opinion. This test will be based on me, basically.
Taken 1673 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Are u a Suckubis Test. I'll be using advanced logic and knowledge to determine whether or not you are likely to devour mens' sou...
Taken 545 times.
Hey internet fiends! Hopefully, most people taking this test are familiar with the popular online comic Bob and George, if not, check it out at http:...
Taken 2154 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Horse Racing Test.
Taken 4806 times.
Hi! And welcome to my runescape Test. I'll be using advanced logic and knowledge to determine your true nature.
Taken 4430 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Useless Trivia As Determined By the Author Test. I'll be using advanced logic and my useless knowledge amassed over years of veg...
Taken 41091 times.
Hi! And welcome to my dumbest Test. I'll be using no logic and little knowledge to determine something.
Taken 5576 times.
My brain works in such a "special" way that my friends have named my way of thinking as 'Twisted Roger Logic'. This basically involves making very ast...
Taken 2269 times.
Hello! This test will determine how much of a Star Wars fanatic/historian you are. Questions will include anything canon, meaning the Expanded Unive...
Taken 97 times.
Hi! And welcome to my Lisa Loeb Lyrics Test. I will be testing your knowledge of Lisa Loeb song lyrics from all of her albums! this test is pretty tec...
View More Top Tests
Share this test with your friends!!!
Take The Modern History Test